According to the Project of Model Development in Knowledge Transfer of District Health Systems Management towards the Sustainable Development Goals, (DHS StartUp) led by College of Health Systems Management, Naresuan University which has received the supporting fund from the Thai Health Promotion Foundation, held the Learn and Share Forum in research question development for 5 DHS StartUp Teams with the objectives in developing research projects in order to improve DHS management to support better health promotion in each district. It was an honor to have Assist. Prof. Dr. Chanchai Charupat to be the guest speaker of this event during 29 – 30 May, 2017 at Chainat Room, Topland Hotel, Muang Phitsanulok, Phitsanulok Province. There were also some academic advisors of the districts to support the DHS teams regarding the district health systems management. In addition, the community hospital directors, chiefs of district health office, and district health teams joined this event. The team consisted of:
- Honorary Assist. Prof. Dr. Winai Leesamith, MD. – Director of Klong Klung Hospital, the advisor of Pangsilathong District.
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Phudit Tejativaddhana, MD. – Acting Director of College of Health Systems Management and Dr. Suthi Hantrakul, MD. – Deputy Mayor of Phitsanulok Municipality, the advisors of Klong Klung District.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Patcharin Sirasoonthorn – Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Naresuan University, the advisor of Kosampinakorn District.
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Taweesak Siripornpaiboon – Deputy Head of Mathematics Department, Faculty of Sciences, Naresuan University, Colonel Taweesak Noppakesorn, MD. – Freelance academician, and Dr. Panarat Jenjob – Special professional nurse from Boromarajonani College of Nursing Buddhachinaraj, the advisors of Ban Tak District.
- Dr. Parinya Soithong – Lecturer from the Faculty of Social Sciences, Naresuan University, the advisor of Saithongwattana District.
In addition, there were staff from Phitsanulok Municipality Office, have joined this knowledge transfer event.
According to this Learn and Share Forum, the advisory teams and DHS StartUp teams have together prepared for conducting the project as follows:
- Pangsilathong District has prepared for conducting the project of “District health systems network development (DHS) of Pangsilathong District”.
- Klong Klung District has prepared for conducting the project of “Klong Klung people are STRONG, and stay away from STROKE”.
- Kosampinakorn District has prepared for conducting the project of “Strengthening community networks to support behavioral change of people to prevent Diabetes and Hypertension in Kosampinakorn District”.
- Ban Tak District has prepared for conducting the project of “Model development in knowledge transfer of district health systems management towards the Sustainable Development Goals”.
- Saithongwattana District has prepared for conducting the project of “Physical activity promotion for the reduction of obesity in childhood, and the increase of tall kids”.
Finally, CHSM would like to thank you all executives who have supported us namely – Thai Health Promotion Foundation, Naresuan University, Kamphaengphet Provincial Health Office, Tak Provincial Health Office, and other 5 district model areas in district health systems management for the support on the activity mentioned.